problems - Case Study of fitting Cavity Drainage Membrane to a damp basement
Step 1 - strip
out, hack off plaster and render, dig up loose floors. Treat all walls
and remaining floors with two coats of Salt Neutraliser.
Kitchen stripped out, ceiling
removed - entrance to lounge, showing dug out floor and salty bricks.
Step 2- install
Aquachannel, dig Sump hole (not required with vented system, or where
a drain is available)
Aquachannel plastic drainage
installed, with a slope (fall) of about 1 in 5 - leads round to sump
hole, ready for sump.
Step 3 - install
Choice of Sump Kits - yellow
sump takes two pumps, black sump takes one only. The pumps have a float
attached to a switch.
Step 4 - install
Kontract Wall Membrane and wooden battens
Pantry walls lined with Kontract
cavity drain Membrane - showing wooden battens and cables coming through.
Insulation was added between
Note black Corner Tape near
the floor - this double seals the Kontract wall membrane to the one
under the floor, for a Sealed System.
Wooden batten ready to drill
for No.10 or No.12 (4.5mm diameter) self tapping screws - holes already
moulded into plug heads.
Step 5 - install
Insulation, Plaster Board, skim finish and decorate
Too good to be true? No -
a lovely job - dry and warm.
Damp | Plastering
| Membrane | Damp
Meters | Anti-Mould Additives | Privacy
Policy | Returns Policy |
01626 331351 F: 01626 331143
Use any of our Shopping
Pages to place goods in your Shopping Cart - they all use the same Shopping
to view your Shopping Cart
shopping by clicking on our Membrane Shop link below.
OUR MEMBRANE SHOPPING
Other Property Repair Systems
- how to use Boron based insecticides/fungicides to treat timber rots
and insect attack
- how to treat penetrating dampness in walls and plaster
- how to treat patio decks and yacht decks
- how to kill Dry Rot in buildings
- epoxy resins for repairing wood, concrete, brick and stone
- upgrade doors to 30 minutes fire resistance
- how to quickly repair joists and beams of any size
- our Home Site
- treat steel with Intumescent Paint to provide fire protection
- systems of repair, with step by step methods
- how to repair timber beams
- how to kill and prevent woodworm and death watch beetle
- all your questions and our answers about woodworm treatment DIY
Site written by: David
David Moore, B.A. (Hons.),
C.T.I.S., C.R.D.S. Technical Author